If you’re committed to the revolution and would like to see AwfulGiraffes.com survive, please consider joining the GDBPWSNBDG Street Team. If you’re committed to making giraffes survive generally, please consider donating to the Giraffe Conservation Foundation.
By joining the street team you will (when available) receive free pins and stickers and little certificates you can give to those you are personally gathering giraffes from. Not only does it help get the name of this little corner of the Internet out there, but it also removes from my shoulders the burden of personally harassing all of these nice people who should not be drawing giraffes.
(1) Members of the Awful Giraffes Street Team are expected to encourage their friends and family to visit and subscribe to the website and distribute materials in some of the following ways:
- Give away G.D.B.P.W.S.N.B.D.G. swag to those likely to actually use them somewhere that’ll be seen.
- Placing stickers in public places (in a legal manner, of course).
- Liking the Pretty Awful Giraffes Facebook Page.
- Following @AwfulGiraffes on Twitter.
(2) Members are expected to politely “throw down the gauntlet” and solicit giraffes from people who should not be drawing giraffes. While I can try my best to be everywhere at once, I need all of the help I can get. It was the street team, after all, who got the Sen. Al Franken and Dessa giraffes, for example. I can be contacted at Prest202[at]Morris.UMN.edu.
(3) DONATE. Right now, all of the money we aren’t getting goes to renewing the domain name, postage (in order to invite more people to contribute), and swag to be given out to those who join the Street Team. (The Donation button on the right-hand side of the screen made its debut on July 28, 2013).