Welcome to Giraffes Drawn By People Who Should Not Be Drawing Giraffes (GDBPWSNBDG), the only website dedicated to pictures of Giraffes Drawn By People Who Should Not Be Drawing Giraffes.
AwfulGiraffes.com (formerly PrettyAwfulGiraffes.com) is the only website dedicated exclusively to giraffes drawn by people who should not be drawing giraffes. Whether these people are writers, famous bloggers, public intellectuals, politicians, athletes, and so on, we are curious to see how these individuals would react to a single request to draw a silly picture. We would like to believe that one’s reaction to such a request and the ensuing art is a reflection of one’s soul, but we’re not psychologists. We’re just a community trying to have fun and to see how far we can take this until God-knows-what.
Assuming that none of the authors die, we aren’t sued (for whatever reason) or this project is rejected by the online community, we really have three arbitrary goals we would like to accomplish in no particular order. Effectively, this is the “end game” we are shooting for in everything we do; we don’t expect to actually succeed in our pursuit but these are the conditions under which the authors will shut down the website, go home, crumble up our Bucket List and wait for death:
- We would like a giraffe drawn by a sitting world leader.
- We would like a giraffe drawn by Lady Gaga.
- We would like to publish a book that will sell no more than 500 copies.
The best way to find specific giraffes is by using the Giraffe Library, below, otherwise you may visit the Blog where you will find updates as they (infrequently) happen.
We do accept contributions from our street team, assuming that said contribution is from someone who should not be drawing giraffes, and personal submissions on a rolling basis. To learn more please visit our Street Team page.
The following list is nowhere near exhaustive of the giant pile of giraffes sitting behind me. The truth is that I’m just really, really, really lazy.
- Kevin J. Anderson – Science-Fiction Author
- Laurie Anderson – Artist
- Tammy Baldwin – U.S. Senator
- Larry Beinhart – Author
- Paul Bloom – Author and Developmental Psychologist
- Amir Blumenfield – CollegeHumor Comedian
- Robert Bly – Author, Poet
- T.C. Boyle – Author
- Robert Bruininks – Fmr. University of Minnesota President
- Richard Carrier – Historian and public intellectual
- Matthew Chapman – Director, Writer
- Suzanna Choffel – Musician
- David Cobb – 2004 Green Party Presidential Candidate
- Dessa – Singer and spoken word artist
- David Eagleman – Neuroscientist and author
- Keith Ellison – US Congressman (Minnesota)
- Chris Farrell
- Al Franken – US Senator (Minnesota)
- Barbara Freese
- Philip Glass – American Composer
- Ben Greenman – Writer, Magazine Editor
- Josh Hartnett – Actor and Producer
- Tom Hennen – Poet
- Jake Hurwitz – CollegeHumor Comedian
- Van Jones – Environmental activist and author
- Michio Kaku – Author, Theoretical Physicist
- Amy Klobuchar – US Senator (Minnesota)
- Lawrence Krauss – Theoretical physicist and author
- Gene Larkin – Hall of Fame MLB Player
- Manny Laureano – Classical Musician
- Alan Lightman – Author
- Sam Lipsyte – Author
- Jennifer McCreight – Atheist Blogger
- Brian Melendez – Fmr. DFL Chairman
- “Mikey” the eight year old
- David Mitchell – Author
- P.Z. Myers – Author, Atheist Blogger
- Roger Nygard – Director
- Arron Olson
- Eboo Patel – Author, Washington Post Blogger
- Amanda Palmer – Musician and Author
- Bob Perciasepes
- David Plouffe – Political Strategist
- Paul Provenza – Author, Comedian, Director
- Dan Rather – Author, Journalist
- Paul Ryan – US Congressman
- R.T. Rybak – Mayor of Minneapolis, MN
- David Sedaris – Comedian and essayist
- Jeff Sharlet
- Akhil Sharma – Award-winning writer
- Michael Shermer – Author and editor if Skeptic Magazine
- Neil Shubin – Paleontologist and science writer.
- David Silverman – President of American Atheists and Internet Meme.
- Kevin Sorbo – Actor, author and Greek God.
- The Skybombers – Band.
- Chris Stedman – Author, Blogger.
- Andrew Thaler, “Southern Fried Scientist” – Blogger
- J. Anderson Thomson
- Leonardo da Vinci – Polymath, “Painter.”
- Sarah Vowell – Author and Essayist
- Tim Walz – US Congressman (Minnesota)
- Wm. Justin Wilkins
Get these giraffes up!!!!
We’re working on it, Samantha!
I am in agreement with Samantha.
I’ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or
weblog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo
I finally stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i’m glad to exhibit that I’ve a very just right uncanny feeling
I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot undoubtedly will make certain
to do not fail to remember this website and provides it a look regularly.
Wow, that’s what I was looking for, what a stuff! existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web site.
Wow, that’s what I was exploring for, what a stuff! existing here
at this blog, thanks admin of this web site.
Like that you just leave the stupid “wow just what I was looking for” generic spam up. I can draw giraffes pretty well. No idea if I should be doing so or not. 🙂
More Giraffes needed!
i like turtles